I've included an attachement that shows the layout of this "idea".
- Basically dropdown1 feeds dropdown2.
- Dropdown2 feeds A and B
- A is fed a map and is overlaid with points which for each point, B has an entry for.
- Clicking on the link in B will center the map for that specific point in A (Google map-ish). This will also show a description of the point/link in C.
- Clicking on the point in A will highlight the link in B and show a description in C.
- The description in C will also contain a link to a video that should popup and play.
I've started to look at Flash and Ajax. I initially thought that server side would enable me to do all of this. But the scrollable map thing, seems will require alot more effort on my side.
I think that the audience for this project automatically targets folks with disabilities. So, I want to make sure I get this right on that end.